The Commons Hours of Operation
Fall Dining Hours:
Please note: Globetrotter closes from 3:30 – 4:00 to refresh and/or change over to the bar menu for the evening. Apron Strings closes from 4:00 - 4:30pm daily so that our staff can switch to evening service. During these times, all other venues remain open.
The Commons is not simply a dining hall: It is the nation's largest LEED-Gold certified collegiate dining facility; a farm-to-campus endeavor; a collection of global cuisine across nine unique platforms; a meeting and event space utilized by the entire community; and an inviting place for students to gather, socialize, study, and even work part-time. It is truly a venerable heart of the campus.
Each of The Commons' nine unique dining venues feature menus with items that change on a daily basis, offering remarkable variety. Additionally, as reflected in the menus included, each venue serves a different type of cuisine, representative of a complete culinary experience.
Recipes are prepared in small batches to ensure low holding times and the freshest possible meals for guests. Many items are made-to-order, using seasonal ingredients that are sourced locally for freshness and as part of our culinary sustainability initiatives.
Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available daily, including pizza, pasta and dessert items.
Featuring a wide variety of fresh food designed to satisfy everyone's appetite with food choices to rival your favorite restaurants:
- Food prepared in The Commons is prepared in small batches to ensure the highest quality of fresh foods
- All of our sauces are made from scratch
- All of our composed salads are made with light, cage-free mayo
- 20% of all of our produce served in The Commons is grown at Kennesaw State University farms
- All of our pizza dough is made in house
- All of our desserts are made from scratch by our pastry chefs
- All of our bread is scratch made without the use of chemical leaveners